Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Marshmallow Fondant Cake

Picture is not the best but it was late at night and I was exhausted!     



Ingredients:
 -Confections Sugar
 -1 Mini marshmallow bag
 -Large bowl
 -Crisco
 -Rolling pin

I wanted to try to make a fondant cake because I was interested in making my baby shower cake. I cant help it, I now have an addiction to baking. I was looking for an easy fondant recipe and the marshmallow strategy seemed great.
During my first attempt directions said to add 1/4 tsp of water but that just made my fondant nasty.
I just heated up my marshmallows in the microwave and added confections sugar until it became like dough. Make sure to use crisco EVERYWHERE. Hands, tables, rolling pin, bowl, arms, storage bag.
Then for the cake I went the easy route, although I am interested in learning how to make cake from scratch, I don't have a cool enough blender yet for that.
I just used cake in the box. Choose what you like.
After making your fondant ball, use a rolling pin to roll out your fondant big enough to go around the cake.
Make sure at this point you have crumb coated your cakes. (I froze mine to make it more sculpted.)
Then drape rolled fondant over cake and smooth over.
And smooth, smooth, smooth.
Anybody have questions let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment